Note: This week, I will be sharing stories of my physical journey. All of these are intended to tell what happened to me, not to tell you what to do. They are anecdotes NOT advice. You have your own journey and have to do your own research. Feel free to share your stories in the comments or in an email. I would love to read them!
When it comes to health, I have a few personal philosophies:
1. God is the Creator of our bodies and made them to function well with proper care.
2. The principles God laid down in His Word give us optimal health if we follow them.
3. The foods and substances God created as close to the way He created them as possible will give our bodies the best chance to thrive.
4. Our bodies are not machines, but complex systems that heal themselves if given the right support.
5. Sin brought aging, death and disease to our world so it is impossible to live in complete health forever. All of us will die at some point.
In our modern world, it is difficult to live out these health principles 100% of the time. However, this is the goal for me and my family. Adding more and more of God’s principles adds more and more health. When it is our time to go, we can know we did our best to steward the bodies we’ve been given and make progress towards healthier living.
Some diet gurus say to eat well 80 or 90% of the time. I think we’re probably closer to 60 or 70%. However, we do supplement to help us make up for some (not all) of the not-so-great parts of our diet and lifestyle.
Here is the primary supplement we use.
I must tell you that I continue to be a skeptic and do research before accepting anything for my family. I don’t believe in miracle cures. I believe God created our bodies to take care of themselves. I think that this supplement formula is just a means of supporting our bodies. It is not a cure or even treatment for health problems. It simply helps the body to do what it was meant to do.
However, I have spoken with many real people with chronic and serious conditions that have used this supplement to allow their bodies to heal. Other than feeling better all around and having improved immunity and digestion, I have received one very personal benefit.
Remember that mysterious skin rash that I got every time I was in the sun? I would have to slather on sunscreen when outdoors to keep from breaking out even on cloudy days. Since taking this supplement, I have not had to use a sunscreen at all, and I have not gotten the itching or rash.
This summer, when I was outdoors in 90 degree weather for a whole day, I got a sunburn for the first time since I was 16! Apparently, I should have used sunscreen for its actual intended purpose!
My kids also love the kids’ supplemental shake. They remind me if I forget to give it to them, so I taught my 9-year-old son to make them. He now makes and serves up a chocolate shake for himself and his siblings.
I have a few more things I like to use in my arsenal to help our bodies heal themselves:
- Forever Living’s aloe vera products for ear infections, burns and injuries, and chapped lips
- Magnesium for migraine prevention
- Vitamin E and Fish Oil for chronic dry skin and eye dryness problems
- TriLight Health’s Lympha Rub for coughs and sore throats
- Raw apple cider vinegar for indigestion and stomachaches
- Ester-C, EmergenC or another bioavailable Vitamin C for immune protection and extra if someone is sick
And of course, when in doubt, I (almost always) use coconut oil! 🙂